Want to increase your flexibility? Reduce fatigue? AND improve your endurance?
No, you don’t need a magical pill to do all of these things. All you need is an hour and the need to get relaxed and rejuvenated. I’m talking about sports massages.
Sports massages are designed specifically for athletes, but can be used for all individuals regardless of your fitness level. The specific sports massage technique, however, depends on the athlete at hand. It allows the masseuse to customize their process and focus on different areas of the body that are utilized more often in certain sports.
Sports massages are often fast-paced and can even be used as a pre-workout stretch to warm up athletes’ muscles. They are specifically designed for athletes to have their muscles warmed up while also getting the opportunity to relax.
Athletes also benefit from deep tissue massages. These massages are often suggested for areas that may have specific issues because heavier pressure is applied on certain muscles. It is designed to get rid of knots and other problem areas that athletes may have from overworking certain muscles.
While massages can help an athlete relax after a vigorous session of training, they can also help prevent future injury and even improve performance according to the American Massage Therapy Association (AMTA).
Sports massages have many other physical and mental benefits including:
- Dilating blood vessels in the cardiovascular system in order to help them work more efficiently to promote circulation.
- Getting athletes into a more relaxed, low-tension state in order to encourage focus.
- Increasing range of motion for athletes.
- Decrease muscle stiffness and soreness after exercise.
- Reduces stress and anxiety by activating your parasympathetic nervous system so athletes can get an increase in dopamine levels and a reduction in cortisol levels, all reducing stress.
Want to start enhancing your athletic performance while preventing injuries along the way? I have recently partnered up with Zen Massage SouthPark, offering 20% OFF for TRiYON members, and 10% OFF thereafter. Make sure to go check them out and reap the benefits that your body needs!