Did you know that many spices have health benefits? Well it is great to know that one of our favorites is a power house! Cinnamon is a spice that comes from the bark of an Asian tree. It tastes great and is a good addition to recipes, coffee, and even desserts!
When choosing the right type of cinnamon, make sure to buy Ceylon cinnamon. Other inexpensive choices can be damaging to the liver in high dosages (Greater than 1/2 tsp per day). Ceylon cinnamon is the true champion of its kind. Here are some health benefits from adding this spice into your daily diet.
- Rich with antioxidants which protects from free radicals
- Fights inflammation throughout your body
- Helps lower cholesterol and high blood pressure
- Protects brain function helping to prevent Parkinson's and Alzheimer's
- Fights diabetes by slowing the amount of glucose released into the blood.
- Fights infection and viruses
- Benefits skin health
- Helps fight allergies
These are just some of the benefits of cinnamon as the list goes on. I personally use Ceylon cinnamon in recipes at home for the sweetness, without having to add sugar. I also use it in the TRiYON ENDURE Performance Nutrition Bites that I am producing for athletes. So enjoy your cinnamon today and know that you are eating something that is good for you!